If you’re reading this blog, we bet you already understand the value of social media marketing, but one area that is often overlooked is proper hashtagging. If you’re not taking advantage of popular hashtags each day of the week, you’re missing out on some great opportunities to gain exposure for your content. In this post we’ll go over some of the most commonly used daily hashtags that you can use to help build your social media following and grow a relevant audience.
What are hashtags?
Before we dive into the daily hashtags we want to provide a quick overview of the main hashtag types and how they can be used to grow your business. There is a wide range of hashtags available and they are all used for different situations. The most common ones are location-based hashtags, industry hashtags, custom business hashtags, and of course the focus of this post, daily hashtags.
- Location-based hashtags – These are generally used as a way to increase your visibility in a particular region and are often used to get more foot traffic to your store.
- Industry hashtags – Most commonly these hashtags are used to gain visibility in a particular industry. They can help to boost your business’ credibility and demonstrate thought leadership.
- Custom business hashtags – This type of hashtag is all about you and can be used to help personalize your brand, increase brand loyalty, and even .
That brings us to Daily hashtags. These hashtags tend to be a bit more general, as they don’t relate to any specific location, industry or business but instead are simply dependant on the day of the week. With that said, if you are able to create content that is both relevant to the daily hashtag and your business they are a great tool for boosting your social media presence and getting your brand in front of a much larger audience.
Without further delay, check out the latest ‘Hashtags of the Week’!
Hashtags for Monday
- #MarketingMonday – We like this one!
- #MondayBlues – Commiserate with your audience, or give them a pick-me-up
- #MotivationalMonday – Start your followers’ week off right with some motivational quotes and photos
- #MusicMonday – Great for music teachers, also a way to showcase the musical talents of your employees or customers
- #MondayMemories – Share memories of your business, or engage your audience by asking them to share their favorite memories
- #ManicureMonday – For spas and salons, of course
- #MindfulMonday – Yoga studios, life coaches, and other businesses related to mental health (think about other variations as well, such as #MindfulnessMonday or #MindfulMondayMantra)
- #MaxoutMonday #MondayRun — Gyms, personal trainers, and fitness coaches
- #MixedGreenMondays – Nutrition or restaurants
- #MondayOutfit – Fashion boutiques
Hashtags for Tuesday
- #TransformationTuesday – Post before and after photos (great for contractors, salons, personal trainers, landscapers, and more)
- #TrendyTuesday – Good for fashion but also a way to show how your business is keeping up with pop culture.
- #TipTuesday – Answer a customer FAQ or provide helpful tips
- #TechTuesday – Reveal new gadgets you’re using for your business, or offer tech tips
- #TravelTuesday– For travel or tourist industries
- #TopicTuesday – Share your thoughts on a popular topic in your industry
- #TuesdayTrivia — Test your followers’ knowledge, about your business or industry
- #TuesdayTunes — Music teachers can show off their students
- #TuesdayTraining — Fitness businesses
- #TuesdayTasting — Restaurants
- #TuesdayShoesday — Fashion
Hashtags for Wednesday
- #WellnessWednesday – Provide tips for staying healthy and active
- #WayBackWednesday – Share photos or videos from the early days of your business
- #WisdomWednesday – Share wise words of advice for your followers related to your industry
- #WorkoutWednesday – Post a workout idea or give a sneak peek at one of your Wednesday fitness classes
- #HumpDay – Let your followers know how you’re getting over the mid-week hump with this ubiquitous Wednesday hashtag
Hashtags for Thursday
- #ThrowbackThursday (also known as #tbt) – Share a picture of your business early on
- #ThankfulThursday – Thank someone who’s helped your business, your customers, or tell people what you’re thankful for. Gratitude goes a long way toward building customer loyalty on social media
- #ThursdayThoughts – Ask your followers’ opinions on ideas you have for improving your business
Hashtags for Friday
- #FearlessFriday – What makes you fearless? Tell a story about overcoming challenges related to your business
- #FlashbackFriday – Post an image of your founder as a child or of your business in its early stages
- #FeelGoodFriday – Post feel-good photos or quotes related to your industry, product, or service
- #FeatureFriday – Feature specific products or services, loyal customers, or share consumer-generated content
- #FashionFriday – Showcase how you’re keeping up with the latest style trending
- #FoodieFriday – Great for restaurants and fitness businesses
- #FunnyFriday – Share something funny about your business, customers, or employees
- #FitnessFriday – Display your newest 30-minute workout
- #FollowFriday – Feature another local business you follow, and encourage your audience to follow them too
- #FridayFun – Show your followers how to have fun this weekend, or show some fun behind the scenes posts of your office culture
Hashtags for Saturday
- #SocialSaturday – Share how you’re interacting with your community through events and promotions
- #ShoutoutSaturday – Give a shout out to one of your star employees or customers
- #SmallBusinessSaturday – Use this on SmallBusinessSaturday to promote your business, feature a neighbouring business, or encourage your followers to shop local
- #SalesSaturday – Offer a special discount or deal for your products or services
- #SaturdayStyle — Fashion posts and tips
- #SaturdaySweat — Trainers share a good workout
- #SaturdaySweets — Bakeries, restaurants, and nutrition experts
- #SaturdaySpecial, #SaturdaySale — use for your sales promotions
Hashtags for Sunday
- #SundayFunday – Continue the weekend fun by sharing fun ways to use your business’s products
- #SundayRead – Share one of your recent blog posts
- #StartupSunday – Show how passionate you are about your business
- #SpotlightSunday – Spread the love with spotlighting a loyal customer or evangelist
- #WeekendVibes – Display your happiness for the weekend
Proper hashtagging is an area of social media that is still overlooked by a lot of businesses and can give you a big advantage when it comes to getting seen on social media. With better knowledge of the ‘Hashtags of the Week’ you can start taking advantage of those opportunities and gain some great exposure for your content.
Does your business use daily hashtags to boost awareness? Be sure to let us know in the comments below. And if you’re looking for more great tips, follow us on Twitter so you never miss an update.
Image Credit: https://sparksandco.com/