1. Explain what you do at On Q Communications.
I am the Social Media Manager here at On Q Communications! I help oversee photoshoots, write copy for our client’s monthly social media content calendars and put together digital strategies. In other words…. I have the BEST job in the world!
2. If you could have one superpower what would it be?
To make time stand still! The days and months pass by too quickly. There needs to be more hours in the day.
3. What’s your favorite spot in Toronto?
The Beaches at Woodbine or Sunnyside Pavilion! I love walking the boardwalk at sunset, or grabbing a frozen pina colada on a hot, sunny day at Sunnyside Pavilion! You would almost think that you’re in the tropics.
4. What do you work towards in your free time?
Unplugging! I try to make a conscious effort to unplug from social media as much as possible in my free time by heading up north to the cottage on weekends, putting the phone away and relaxing. It can be hard to unplug from social media (especially when it’s your career!!), but being present and in the moment in your free time is so important!
5. If there is any advice you would give a person, what would it be?
Hard work pays off! It may sound a little bit cliché, but I’m a firm believer that working hard on the things that you are passionate about will ALWAYS pay off! It may take a little bit of time, and you might go through some rough patches but hard work will always win out in the end… maybe with a little dash of luck here and there!
6. What makes you a unique, dynamic team member?
I love working in team environments, and working together as a collective to produce well-rounded, creative and outstanding work!
7. You’re the new addition to a crayon box. What colour would you be?
This is tough! But I am thinking green because this colour is all about stability, harmony and balance which I think is very much on board with my personality!
8. What skill would you like to master?
Telling a brand story through visuals. I love that social media humanizes a brand, and is a means for people to truly connect on a human level with that particular brand.
9. Finish this sentence, ‘I can’t start my day without…’
Coffee, coffee…. And scrolling through Social Media! Obviously!
10. Describe yourself in three words?
Hard worker, determined and creative.