On Q Communications is looking for a Media Relations Manager to join our team.
Who we are
On Q is one of Toronto’s fastest growing boutique communications firms. Our focus is connecting brands with their audiences in unique ways. With a strong PR and Social Media foundation, On Q has created dramatic results for clients. On Q operates under the ethos “Make the Complex Simple.” We break down business goals into stories that resonate with those who are most likely to become the brand’s fans.
What we are looking for
A full time Media Relations Manager, to work with the team to execute brand launches and media relations activities for On Q Communications and clients.
You will be responsible for:
- Outreach to media outlets for potential exposure and publicity opportunities
- Booking and organizing upcoming media events for clients
- Drafting press material for clients
- Campaign and event analytics
- Provide media expertise to On Q Communications team as necessary
- Accompany clients to media spots to provide support
- Develop customized media lists
- Conducting media training were necessary
- The management of one media intern
An ideal candidate will possess:
- A University or College degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, or another related field
- 3-5 years of professional experience relating to Media Relations
- Previous experience working within the Media Relations Rating Points measurement system
- Previous experience with writing and editing
- Working knowledge of MS Office and MailChimp
- Previous experience using Cision software
- Comfortable in using main social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Youtube)
- Excellent communication skills through email, phone, and in person
- Strong interpersonal skills with an outgoing personality
- Already existing relationships with top tier media organizations considered a strong asset
Interested candidates are encouraged to email their resume to Andrew@onqcommunications.ca
We thank all candidates for applying but only those that are qualified will be contacted.
On Q Communications is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, ethnicity, disability, national origin, race, religion, gender, family status, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. On Q Communications is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interview process please let us know.