FT from September 18, 2017 to December 15, 2017
Media relations intern
We are a fun, hardworking and dynamic bunch and we are looking to add a creative, organized and enthusiastic team player to our growing agency. This role reports to the Director of Operations and PR under the guidance of the Media Relations Manager. It’s an awesome opportunity to learn from a team of professionals while expanding your skill set and getting first hand experience.
- Assist in the management of logistics (such as supplies and services) for On Q Communications associated events
- Assist the media relations manager during events (pre, during and post)
- Assist in the execution of media relations duties and outreach to journalists, bloggers, and influencers
- Write material for On Q Communications associated events including but not limited to news releases, blog posts and social posts
- Conduct media audits for On Q Communications associated events
- Participate in strategy and brainstorm discussions for current and prospective clients
- Engage in proactive outreach on social media for On Q Communications clients
- Currently enrolled in or recently completed a college or university program in PR, Marketing, or Communications
- Previous internship experience in PR is considered an asset
- Past experience with MRP considered an asset
- Knowledge of Mailchimp considered an asset
- Working knowledge of various social media platforms
- Driven self started with a passion for communication
- Candidate should possess strong interpersonal skills both in person and over the phone
- Candidate should possess strong written skills and have a working knowledge of CP style
- Candidate should be outgoing and comfortable in new and changing environments
- Ideal candidate has a strong work ethic – an entrepreneurial spirit looking to advance in a position that is both challenging and rewarding, with lots of opportunity for growth
On Q Communications is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, ethnicity, disability, national origin, race, religion, gender, family status, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. On Q Communications is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interview process please let us know.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, along with two writing samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the position of Media Relations Intern in the subject of the email. Applications are due Monday, September 11, 2017. Please note this is an unpaid position.